I am Claus, a 30-something year-old Mexican / Canadian guy who is really into travel, and enjoys writing about his experiences abroad. I also post a ton of photos from my travels, all of which are my own, most taken by me (except of course the non-selfie ones taken of me). If I use a picture taken by one of my friends during our travels together, I will always give credit.
I’ve been fortunate enough to live in four countries in my life (Mexico, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom), and have so far visited 32 countries worldwide. I’m a bit behind on my blog (oops), but I do update regularly, so visit often to see what’s new.
See Where I’ve Been to read blog posts by specific country, or check out what I’ve been up to lately and where I plan on going in the near future. Otherwise, feel free to browse through my blog and most importantly, I hope you enjoy reading!
A Little More About Me:
• I have traveled to 32 countries so far.
• If I had to define my travel style, I’d say I’m on the higher end of flashpacking, although I sometimes indulge in more luxurious travel.
• Lately I’ve really been embracing new systems like couch surfing, airbnb and misterbnb along with the standard hotel and hostel combination. I once also slept in a park in Paris when I as young and dumb.
• Travel is my biggest passion, but I also have a strong love for beer, and have been known to be a notorious foodie, especially when I travel. I especially like eating and drinking all the local stuff! I also love chocolate.
• I have a weird obsession with world maps. I spend ridiculous amounts of time staring at maps and imagining new journeys I could take, places I need to visit, or simply admiring the beautiful place that we call home (Earth, that is).
• This blog has been known to be a little gay from time to time. Check out all LGBT-related posts.
• I have worked in the travel industry on and off for over eight years now, which doesn’t help with my travel bug! I also write freelance blog posts and articles from time to time, and I’m always open to opportunities related to this, so please contact me with any leads.
• Although I have traveled mostly alone for about five years, I finally met an amazing partner in crime to share the experience with, so expect a lot more “we” terminology in the newest posts.
• I like attention. No, honestly… I REALLY like attention. So please comment as much as you want, like my posts, visit my blog often, and become my loyal fan on Facebook, as all these things make me very happy!
• Meeting fellow travel lovers is a hobby of mine, so please connect on Twitter, and let me know if you’re ever in my current city, as I’ll be happy to show you around! I also post some photos on instagram from time to time.